Plugin Site Rewrite

Discuss anything about TheDgtl here. This forum also contains all important announcements.
Drakia
Site Admin

Plugin Site Rewrite

Postby Drakia » June 16th, 2012, 9:33 pm

So, I've been working on a complete overhaul of my plugin search site the past few weeks. Not only am I making a new layout, I've also written a new site from scratch in Rails, a new scraper in Ruby, and bought a new domain to host it all on!

I'm hoping to get it completed and up in the coming weeks (I only really get to work on it on weekends, which kind of sucks). I'll be posting here once it's complete. For now, here's a sneak peak at the new layout I've been working on:

I will admit, with the new layout there will be fewer plugins per page (I've lowered it from 50 down to 20 per page), but I'm hoping that aesthetics make up for that. This picture is of course just my work-in-progress template, it's not in any way shape or form generated using live data. The site uses small amounts of Javascript (For toggling the sidebar, mainly used for mobile platforms where it obstructs the main view), but even so still renders properly in text-based browsers such as Links under Linux ;)

Along with the rewrite, I have decided that it's time to throw a few ads on the site (Nothing too intrusive, just one ad mid-list, and one on the sidebar under the options, using Google Adsense). Sadly running and developing things like this isn't free, and with money running a little tight right now I need some method of keeping the site up (Actually multiple sites, there's about 6 sites running on my current server). Hopefully you guys understand.

Mr. Man

Re: Plugin Site Rewrite

Postby Mr. Man » June 19th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Not bad, not bad @ all!

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Plugin Site Rewrite

Postby Drakia » June 19th, 2012, 2:05 pm

MrMans seal of approval? I'm flattered! :D

Return to Site Discussion