Spambot Invasion

Discuss anything about TheDgtl here. This forum also contains all important announcements.
Drakia
Site Admin

Spambot Invasion

Postby Drakia » August 19th, 2012, 7:01 pm

You may have noticed a LOT of spam posted the past few days (Though hopefully not, I've been trying to remove it as fast as it's posted). I'm not quite sure what's happened to cause this spike, but as a deterrent I am going to be putting new users into a group that requires post validation, this will only be for their first post to make sure they are legit. Hopefully this doesn't cause any issues for our legit users.

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Spambot Invasion

Postby Drakia » August 25th, 2012, 5:03 am

Added some more deterrent for spambots, they now no longer get a signature/website link in the memberlist or profile page, this blocks their linkbacks, so registering is completely pointless, woo!

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Spambot Invasion

Postby Drakia » September 15th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Added yet another deterrent that should help me not have to moderate 20+ posts a day. I will also be purging all accounts with a 0 post count (Sorry idlers. You can feel free to re-register, but at the moment there are more spam accounts with 0 posts than idle accounts).
For anybody stuck on the question, the answer to "What project are my plugins for?" is "Bukkit"

Return to Site Discussion