Banned from BukkitDev

Discuss anything about TheDgtl here. This forum also contains all important announcements.
Drakia
Site Admin

Banned from BukkitDev

Postby Drakia » January 23rd, 2013, 12:11 am

Seems as though mbaxter disliked me asking if his mother dropped him on his head when he as a child, and he banned me from BukkitDev. And all because of their stupid no-external-download-links rule. If only the approval times weren't 8+ hours I wouldn't need external links.

Welp, that's a damned shame. I still plan on keeping the plugins working with the latest Bukkit versions for the time being. Not sure how much longer I'm going to work on plugins for a project that's digging its own grave though.

On that note, I hereby grant permission to anybody who wants it to upload my projects to BukkitDev under their name. I may not be able to offer support there, but you are free to direct users here. If anybody is interested I also kept copies of the project descriptions for all of my plugins.

PseudoKnight

Re: Banned from BukkitDev

Postby PseudoKnight » January 28th, 2013, 8:57 pm

While I agree with your position, you do seem to have a knack for getting in trouble. It may have been the direct insult. ;) Removing the project affects everyone, though. They wouldn't do this if it was WorldEdit or Essentials, so why Stargate? Also, I see outside links all the time. Maybe it's allowed when it's to dev versions?

Anyway, I hope you at least maintain the plugins until there's a suitable API replacement in Spout and/or MCAPI... assuming they don't make the same mistakes. Craftbukkit doesn't need to dig its own grave. It's going to be buried either way.

louiskw

Postby louiskw » February 5th, 2013, 12:13 pm

If you need any help with distribution I can sponsor you some hosting as I work for a hosting company.
Got pretty confused trying to find the latest version of iChat!

louiskw

Postby louiskw » February 5th, 2013, 12:13 pm

If you need any help with distribution I can sponsor you some hosting as I work for a hosting company.
Got pretty confused trying to find the latest version of iChat!

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 5th, 2013, 7:51 pm

*looks at forum*
I rent plenty of servers, and have plenty of space and bandwidth for hosting. Thanks though. This just means it's harder (Though far from impossible, my Google ranking is pretty decent) to find my plugins.

AsianWiz

Postby AsianWiz » March 24th, 2013, 11:19 pm

My friends and I will post it :P. We will keep you going!

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 25th, 2013, 7:33 am

Cool, just make sure to credit the author ;)

AsianWiz

Postby AsianWiz » March 25th, 2013, 10:43 am

We will :P

kookster

Postby kookster » March 28th, 2013, 9:54 am

You should post your plugin on spigotmc.org, I don't want to see this awesome plugin die. I was so pissed when I heard you got banned :/

AsianWiz

Postby AsianWiz » August 10th, 2013, 1:43 am

Here's the plugin, sorry for not updating you sooner xD http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/supachat/

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » August 10th, 2013, 9:27 am

AsianWiz wrote:Here's the plugin, sorry for not updating you sooner xD http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/supachat/

Please make sure to include a link to the source code on the DevBukkit project page.

meatl0afer

Postby meatl0afer » August 26th, 2013, 7:12 am

Wow finally found you, Stargates is one of my favorite plugins, and players on my little server were starting to fret that it wouldn't be updated.

If there is anything that can be done to help you get exposure for your plugins let me know. I see a few people (including me) posting on the bukkit site for stargates, i wonder if ill get banned if i post a link here :)

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » September 1st, 2013, 11:27 am

meatl0afer wrote:Wow finally found you, Stargates is one of my favorite plugins, and players on my little server were starting to fret that it wouldn't be updated.

If there is anything that can be done to help you get exposure for your plugins let me know. I see a few people (including me) posting on the bukkit site for stargates, i wonder if ill get banned if i post a link here :)

It probably won't get you banned, but last time people did that they actually replaced "thedgtl.net" with "google.com" on their entire forum, it was kind of lame.

Return to Site Discussion