[CHAT] iChat 2.6.3 - Custom Chat Formatting

iChat Support and Discussion
Drakia
Site Admin

Re: [CHAT] iChat 2.6.3 - Custom Chat Formatting

Postby Drakia » January 24th, 2013, 10:49 am

Jeyge wrote:Just a little FYI since I still read the Bukkit forums a lot and noticed this post on Sunday. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/file-approvement-is-yeah-you-know.74334/page-6#post-1513003 It wasn't random that they decided to pick on your plugins.

Well, that wasn't very nice of him.

Pinto

Postby Pinto » January 24th, 2013, 12:10 pm

I'm really glad I found your forum. I thought I could no longer find your plugins: (Especially that is just beautiful. Continue like this :) Thank you.

Sorry for my bad english i'm french :p

Sayshal

Postby Sayshal » March 10th, 2013, 8:17 pm

I would love to see this plugin integrated with TagAPI, so the color code of +prefix is over your head (or maybe a custom var)

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » September 25th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Idea: i'm back running a server now, and this time it's much more important, i have donator ranks and such. And thats why im here, to ask if you could implement commands like
/ichat prefix <name> <prefix>
/ichat suffix <name> <suffix>
/ichat joinmsg <name> <msg>
/ichat leavemsg <name> <msg>

Because i would like my certain donator rank to be able to have a custom rank (prefix) without them hassling me constantly to change it to what they want.

Thanks again Drakia, :P

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » September 29th, 2013, 12:22 am

Ok maybe what i said above is not easy or you don't want to do it, but could you add choice or send me a file that allows me to configure if i want to use permissionsEx prefixes as well? Because i've noticed that iChat stops the permissionsEx prefixes from showing. Thanks.

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » October 15th, 2013, 11:17 am

I tried getting the displayname's last colour to colour the chat, but everything i tried either didn't work or just reset my config. Is there a specific way that i can colour my chat from my displayname? I remember in the older versions, i could colour my chat absolutely fine. But i tried that config and it didn't work..

PS: i can say i have tested things before i came to you, so im eligible for an answer :P

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » October 15th, 2013, 11:21 am

Sorry, i forgot to post my config. Here:
handle-me: true
date-format: HH:mm:ss
message-format: '+iname: +message'
me-format: '* +name +message'
iname-format: +{wName} +prefix&r +displayname+suffix
me-permissions: false
variable-refresh: 100

Btw the +suffix serves no purpose for me, i don't even use it, but in my old config where coloured chat worked, the +suffix was in there.

Also i tried putting my +displayname up in the message format instead of the iname format, because i thought maybe the iname thing was just splitting the two apart. But i'm pretty sure that just ended in a config reset.

Darunia18

Postby Darunia18 » April 12th, 2014, 6:28 pm

I'm so glad I found these forums! I thought I'd never be able to get an update to iChat! I love it and so do the rest of the staff on my server. We have used it for the last two years, since the first day we opened up our server. Surprisingly, it has been working quite well and haven't had any real troubles. That is, until the latest update of PermissionsEx. In the latest update of the plugin, they began adding UUID support to prepare for the username changes coming soon, and because of that, it seems iChat has broken. I'm guessing PEX is now using UUIDs to send information of a player's rank instead of their username. I am going to be contacting the makers of PEX as well to see if they are able to make their plugin use UUIDs, but send rank info with usernames so many plugins, not just iChat, don't break. If they are unable to do so, are you able to work on fixing iChat? iChat is the unsung hero of our server, and has been one heck of a fighter, never breaking from update to update, even though I expected it to. I also wish it was on the Bukkit plugin repository, but that's a different story! :P Either way, thanks for the great work you've put into iChat! :D

Darunia18

Postby Darunia18 » April 15th, 2014, 6:04 pm

I just wanted to say that iChat is no longer working with PermissionsEx. After they updated to UUIDs, chat plugins using PEX broke. Even after they fixed this issue, iChat seems to be the only one that still doesn't work. I'm not sure if you still work on iChat anymore, but we all love it on our server and have used it for two years with no problems until PEX updated. I have also been talking to the PEX developers to see if it's a problem on their end as well. If you could look into this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » May 3rd, 2014, 10:23 am

As stated in the Site Discussion topic here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=455
Plugin development has been discontinued for nearly a year. There are no plans to make updates to any of my plugins. All my plugins are open source under the GPLv3 or LGPLv3 depending on the project, so anyone is welcome to continue development so long as they keep the required copyrights in the code.

Darunia18

Postby Darunia18 » May 10th, 2014, 12:25 pm

Drakia wrote:As stated in the Site Discussion topic here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=455
Plugin development has been discontinued for nearly a year. There are no plans to make updates to any of my plugins. All my plugins are open source under the GPLv3 or LGPLv3 depending on the project, so anyone is welcome to continue development so long as they keep the required copyrights in the code.

Ok I understand. Well I guess for now we will continue to use iChat, as the makers of PermissionsEx added a system that will convert the UUIDs to the username system for chat plugins. I guess I won't be having to learn Java and the Bukkit API for a bit longer :P

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » May 10th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Darunia18 wrote:
Drakia wrote:As stated in the Site Discussion topic here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=455

Ok I understand. Well I guess for now we will continue to use iChat, as the makers of PermissionsEx added a system that will convert the UUIDs to the username system for chat plugins. I guess I won't be having to learn Java and the Bukkit API for a bit longer :P

I'm glad it's possible for you to continue using the plugins for the time being. It's a shame Minecraft has changed such a core part of their API, as it's going to break a lot of plugins that would have otherwise continued to work even without active development.

Previous

Return to iChat