[CHAT] iChat 2.6.3 - Custom Chat Formatting

iChat Support and Discussion
Drakia
Site Admin

Re: [CHAT] iChat 2.5.3 - Custom Chat Formatting

Postby Drakia » February 29th, 2012, 10:15 pm

varname: 'VariableA' is just a variable, to set the prefix you'd use "prefix: 'prefixhere'" as with any other prefix. If you post your iChat variables.yml I may be able to offer more help.

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » March 1st, 2012, 11:36 am

ok, i will paste my variables.yml and you can see if i made a mistake ;P
Code: Select all
users:
groups:
    Survivor:
        name: Survivor
        prefix: '[&4Survivor&f]'
        suffix: ''
    default:
        name: Default
        prefix: '[&7Default&f]'
    Member:
        name: Member
        prefix: '[&6Member&f]'
    Elite:
        name: Elite
        prefix: '[&cElite&f]'
    Potioneer:
        name: Potioneer
        prefix: '[&2Potioneer&f]'
    LowMod:
        name: LowMod
        prefix: '[&3LowMod&f]'
    Moderator:
        name: Moderator
        prefix: '[&bModerator&f]'
    Architect:
        name: Architect
        prefix: '[&dArchitect&f]'
    VIP:
        name: VIP
        prefix: '[&aVIP&f]'
    Donator:
        name: Donator
        prefix: '[&5Donator&f]'
    Admin:
        name: Admin
        prefix: '[&1Admin&f]'
    Co-Owner:
        name: Co-Owner
        prefix: '[&eCo-Owner&f]'
    Owner:
        name: Owner
        prefix: '[&4Owner&f]'
    Commando:
        name: Commando
        prefix: '&d[&4Commando&d]'
    Legitville:
      groups:
        Survivor:
          varName: 'Survivor'

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 1st, 2012, 7:18 pm

I'm guessing "LegitVille" is the world name? If so it is indented too fr, it should have no indentation for the world name.

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » March 1st, 2012, 9:50 pm

im sorry, i dont understand that... :P you said "intended too fr" i dont know what that means, sorry.. and yes, it is the world name. Basically i am trying to get the rank Survivor in "legitville" and make it so that the prefix automatically changes from Member,Admin,Owner Etc... to Survivor when i go to the world legitville.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 1st, 2012, 10:40 pm

koopatroopa544 wrote:im sorry, i dont understand that... :P you said "intended too fr" i dont know what that means, sorry.. and yes, it is the world name. Basically i am trying to get the rank Survivor in "legitville" and make it so that the prefix automatically changes from Member,Admin,Owner Etc... to Survivor when i go to the world legitville.

So you want to change ALL users groups to "Survivor" when they are in LegitVille? Or are you just talking the displayed prefix?
And by indented too far (Sorry, typing on phone earlier) I mean it should be like this:
users:
groups:
    Survivor:
        name: Survivor
    default:
        name: Default
        prefix: '[&7Default&f]'
    Member:
        name: Member
        prefix: '[&6Member&f]'
    Elite:
        name: Elite
        prefix: '[&cElite&f]'
    Potioneer:
        name: Potioneer
        prefix: '[&2Potioneer&f]'
    LowMod:
        name: LowMod
        prefix: '[&3LowMod&f]'
    Moderator:
        name: Moderator
        prefix: '[&bModerator&f]'
    Architect:
        name: Architect
        prefix: '[&dArchitect&f]'
    VIP:
        name: VIP
        prefix: '[&aVIP&f]'
    Donator:
        name: Donator
        prefix: '[&5Donator&f]'
    Admin:
        name: Admin
        prefix: '[&1Admin&f]'
    Co-Owner:
        name: Co-Owner
        prefix: '[&eCo-Owner&f]'
    Owner:
        name: Owner
        prefix: '[&4Owner&f]'
    Commando:
        name: Commando
        prefix: '&d[&4Commando&d]'
Legitville:
    groups:
        Survivor:
            varName: 'Survivor'

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » March 2nd, 2012, 1:52 pm

yea, i do want them to change to the group survivor when they go to legitville, but i might add an extra rank called [Chief-Koopa] for myself, and maybe two others for my other players. BUT, i realised in legitville there is no need for me or someone with a different prefix to survivor to change to the group survivor because i wont be testing commands, such as mob disguise because we wouldn't use it there, neither would i test /smite or /lightning because i'm basically playing as a new person on this server (this world is a survival world for mods and all, and members are aloud to join us) so i will use the user prefix in legitville i think, unless its easier to have a group called Chief-Koopa, maybe you could suggest the easiest thing to do. and ok, i see what i did wrong. i will try again and see if it works now. (VERY sorry if you dont understand what i have written, if you can't seem to understand, just say so and i wil try to re-phrase it.) thanks again,
- koopa

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 2nd, 2012, 5:02 pm

koopatroopa544 wrote:yea, i do want them to change to the group survivor when they go to legitville, but i might add an extra rank called [Chief-Koopa] for myself, and maybe two others for my other players. BUT, i realised in legitville there is no need for me or someone with a different prefix to survivor to change to the group survivor because i wont be testing commands, such as mob disguise because we wouldn't use it there, neither would i test /smite or /lightning because i'm basically playing as a new person on this server (this world is a survival world for mods and all, and members are aloud to join us) so i will use the user prefix in legitville i think, unless its easier to have a group called Chief-Koopa, maybe you could suggest the easiest thing to do. and ok, i see what i did wrong. i will try again and see if it works now. (VERY sorry if you dont understand what i have written, if you can't seem to understand, just say so and i wil try to re-phrase it.) thanks again,
- koopa

I think the main problem is you're trying to use iChat as a group manager. What you want to do is setup your Permission handler to have all users in the group "Survivor" when they enter the world "LegitVille", this isn't something iChat can do or I can really help with.

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » March 2nd, 2012, 5:34 pm

ok thanks, my permissions handler is permissionsbukkit and with permissions 3x (my former permissions) i had setrank. setrankPB (used for permissionsbukkit) is also made by the same person who made setrank, and setrank had multiworld support, (which is what i am trying to work out with ichat, permissionsbukkit, and setrankPB) but it didn't say that it had multiworld support in its features list. setrankPB has the same features except you can rank using iconomy, and thats the only difference with the features. that makes me think that this should work, except permissions 3x had a built in prefix option in its groups.yml file, and it had heaps of groups.yml files for each world, and it also had users.yml in each world folder. the built in prefix thing makes me think that might be the reason that setrank worked multiworld, im not sure... :/
this post wasnt exactly about me asking questions, i was just explaining my problem, and you might even have a solution (doubt it, because im probably the only person with this problem :P)
well, thanks for reading this,
- koopa

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 2nd, 2012, 5:59 pm

koopatroopa544 wrote:ok thanks, my permissions handler is permissionsbukkit and with permissions 3x (my former permissions) i had setrank. setrankPB (used for permissionsbukkit) is also made by the same person who made setrank, and setrank had multiworld support, (which is what i am trying to work out with ichat, permissionsbukkit, and setrankPB) but it didn't say that it had multiworld support in its features list. setrankPB has the same features except you can rank using iconomy, and thats the only difference with the features. that makes me think that this should work, except permissions 3x had a built in prefix option in its groups.yml file, and it had heaps of groups.yml files for each world, and it also had users.yml in each world folder. the built in prefix thing makes me think that might be the reason that setrank worked multiworld, im not sure... :/
this post wasnt exactly about me asking questions, i was just explaining my problem, and you might even have a solution (doubt it, because im probably the only person with this problem :P)
well, thanks for reading this,
- koopa

As I said, I can't help with the Permissions setup, I'd recommend asking on the plugins DevBukkit page. Personally I use bPermissions and have no experience with PermissionsBukkit.

lezyamin

Postby lezyamin » March 3rd, 2012, 3:41 am

Just wondering, is the plugin going to be updated to 1.2?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 3rd, 2012, 9:40 am

lezyamin wrote:Just wondering, is the plugin going to be updated to 1.2?

There should be nothing in the plugin that breaks in 1.2

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » March 3rd, 2012, 6:49 pm

iChat runs perfectly on MC 1.23 so far (CB 2029). I am going to migrate back to iChat, I have had enough of mChatSuite and NPE's, and annoying extras like AFK. The only thing I'd miss (*wishlist*) is customisable login - logout - kick messages.
Regulation Brass Ones, Guv'nor

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 4th, 2012, 2:12 am

Inscrutable wrote:iChat runs perfectly on MC 1.23 so far (CB 2029). I am going to migrate back to iChat, I have had enough of mChatSuite and NPE's, and annoying extras like AFK. The only thing I'd miss (*wishlist*) is customisable login - logout - kick messages.

Hey Inscrutable, you might like this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90
;)

Mislum

Postby Mislum » March 5th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Hey there. I updated the iChat plugin for my server and so I did a cleanup of everything that it had generated from before (config and variables) and it works well. I'm just wondering how I would go about getting rid of the group name showing next to the name in the chat, and only having the name colored by which permission group the player is in. I had this working before, but now I just can't remember how I did it. :roll:

Note: I'm using factions on the server, so people must still have their faction name next to their name.

koopatroopa544

Postby koopatroopa544 » March 5th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Mislum wrote:Hey there. I updated the iChat plugin for my server and so I did a cleanup of everything that it had generated from before (config and variables) and it works well. I'm just wondering how I would go about getting rid of the group name showing next to the name in the chat, and only having the name colored by which permission group the player is in. I had this working before, but now I just can't remember how I did it. :roll:

Note: I'm using factions on the server, so people must still have their faction name next to their name.

OK :D i can help with that.
ok, so you know config.yml? well, if you want your faction name to appear, add this to your message format: {FACTION} and that will show you what faction they are in. and for the other part, i dont actually know... so get Drakia to post how to do that (i havn't ever needed that before, so i have no idea :P)

- koopa

EDIT: ok, so in your message format, do '{FACTION} +prefix+name:+suffix +message' (the +suffix being the thing that stops the chat from being the same clour as the players name)

EDIT AGAIN: lol good point Drakia, i had no idea you could add '&f' into the message format :P
Last edited by koopatroopa544 on March 5th, 2012, 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 5th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Mislum wrote:Hey there. I updated the iChat plugin for my server and so I did a cleanup of everything that it had generated from before (config and variables) and it works well. I'm just wondering how I would go about getting rid of the group name showing next to the name in the chat, and only having the name colored by which permission group the player is in. I had this working before, but now I just can't remember how I did it. :roll:

To remove the group from the chat format edit the "iname" config option, and remove The +group part. To color the users name, add +prefix before +name, and &f after it, then specify the 'prefix' variable for users/groups in variables.yml

Mislum

Postby Mislum » March 5th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Drakia wrote:To remove the group from the chat format edit the "iname" config option, and remove The +group part. To color the users name, add +prefix before +name, and &f after it, then specify the 'prefix' variable for users/groups in variables.yml

Removing +group from the iname alone doesn't actually stop it from showing in the chat for some reason. Anyways, I managed to figure it out after Koopa told me about the {faction} part. But thanks nonetheless. :D

This is the result:
handle-me: true
date-format: HH:mm:ss
message-format: '+iname: +message'
me-format: '* +name +message'
iname-format: +{faction} +prefix+displayname&f

Not sure if + infront of faction is necessary, but I kept it from the world one just incase.

Oughta have to note this down for future reference. :P

Nexot

Postby Nexot » March 9th, 2012, 4:51 pm

AWESOME e.e! thanks a lot Drakia :D! really really apreciate it! actually is working on 1.2.3 :D!
thanks a loot :D

thenetherman

Postby thenetherman » March 17th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I have read the first post several times, then read all of the posts, but no matter what I do, all I see in chat is my name in red -- no group name (Owner, Admin, etc.) at all. I have tried everything I could think of.

What am I doing wrong?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 17th, 2012, 8:53 pm

thenetherman wrote:I have read the first post several times, then read all of the posts, but no matter what I do, all I see in chat is my name in red -- no group name (Owner, Admin, etc.) at all. I have tried everything I could think of.

What am I doing wrong?

You are probably running a conflicting plugin.

PreviousNext

Return to iChat