[MISC] StargateCommand v0.0.4

Postby Drakia » March 26th, 2012, 10:25 pm

StargateCommand - The Command addon for Stargate
Version: 0.0.4
CraftBukkit: 1.2.5/1.3.2
Stargate: v0.7.8.0+
Plugin Dependencies:
Stargate (Requires minimum v0.7.8.0)

Description: StargateCommand is an addon for Stargate that adds three very useful commands: import, export, and dial.

Download: http://thedgtl.net/bukkit/StargateCommand.jar
Source: http://github.com/TheDgtl/StargateCommand/

You can find usage instructions on the Wiki: http://wiki.thedgtl.net/wiki/StargateCommand

=============
Permissions
=============
Code: Select all
stargate.command.owner -- Allow the user of /sgc owner (Default: Op)
stargate.command.import -- Allow the use of /sgc import (Default: Op)
stargate.command.export -- Allow the use of /sgc export (Default: Op)
stargate.command.dial -- Allow the use of /dial (Default: True)
  stargate.command.dial.interactive -- Allow use of /dial <dest> (Default: True)
  stargate.command.dial.direct -- Allow use of /dial <src> <dest> (Default: False)

=============
Default Permissions
=============
stargate.command.owner -- Op
stargate.command.import -- Op
stargate.command.export -- Op
stargate.command.dial -- True
stargate.command.dial.interactive -- True
stargate.command.dial.direct -- False

=============
Owner
=============
The "/sgc owner" command allows you to change the owner of a gate post-creation. This can be useful if you want to create a specific layout for a user, without giving them full build access to that gate file.
/sgc owner <player>

Where <player> is the name of the player you want to set as the owner. You will then be asked to select the target gate, do this by right or left clicking any block that is part of the gate.

=============
Import
=============
The "/sgc import" command allows you to import a .gate file without having to manually build it. To import a gate you simply type:
    /sgc import <gatefile>

Where <gatefile> is any .gate file without ".gate" at the end. You will then be asked to select two blocks next to each other by right clicking them, this specifies the gates bottom-left location, and orientation.
You can see an example of importing a gate in this YouTube video: http://youtu.be/Y7KQ0wUUP8c

=============
Export
=============
The "/sgc export" command is slightly more complicated than importing, but will allow you to take a gate layout ingame, and export it to a .gate file without having to hand-edit the file.
The first step in building a gate for export is creating a frame out of bedrock material, everything inside of this frame will be treated as the gate, and any bedrock inside of this frame will be treated as the entrance/exit.
Once you have your bedrock frame created, make any shape with any blocks inside of the frame, here is an example export frame: Export Frame
Once you are happy with the gate, run the command:
    /sgc export <gatefile>

You will then be asked to select a few blocks:
-------------------------------------------------------
The first block is where the sign will be drawn
The second block is where the button will be drawn
The third block is where the player will exit the gate
The last block is the top-left of the bedrock frame
Once you have selected these four blocks, if there were no errors, your gate will be saved to disk, and loaded into memory for instant use.
You can see an example of exporting a gate in this YouTube video: http://youtu.be/-U6IVWt43qw

============
dial
============
The "/dial" command allows players to select a destination for a Stargate without requiring them to scroll through a large list of destinations. There are two modes to the /dial command.

> Interactive
The interactive mode is invoked with the command:
    /dial <destination>

This will make the next gate the player activates dial the given destination if available.

> Direct
Direct dialing is used to open a gate directly to another without requiring the player to interact with the gate, it is invoked as such:
    /dial <source> <destination> <network>

If the network is not supplied, the default Stargate network will be used. If the source/destination exist on the same network, and the player has access to them, the gates will be opened with a connection to eachother.

If you require assistance please feel free to post here.

=============
Changes
=============
[Version 0.0.4]
- Fix for Bukkit direction fix
[Version 0.0.2]
- Fix an issue with dialing on a specific network
- Change permission checks to use Stargate, this allows proper permission debugging
[Version 0.0.1]
- Initial Release

Sypher40

Re: [MISC] StargateCommand v0.0.1

Postby Sypher40 » July 25th, 2012, 10:03 am

I am an op on my server and when I try to use the /dial [destination] [source] it says 'permission denied'. Nothing shows up on the console even in debug mode and since I'm a op the permissions shouldn't have anything to do about it.
~Sypher40 aka Rinzler

PseudoKnight

Postby PseudoKnight » August 18th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Dialing doesn't properly determine the network because of an if/else slip up. Easy fix.

https://github.com/TheDgtl/StargateComm ... .java#L366

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » August 18th, 2012, 1:37 pm

PseudoKnight wrote:Dialing doesn't properly determine the network because of an if/else slip up. Easy fix.

https://github.com/TheDgtl/StargateComm ... .java#L366

Oh jebus, that's embarrassing >.> Will push a fix today, sorry about that!

PseudoKnight

Postby PseudoKnight » August 18th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Thanks for the fast turnaround. I expect bugs in software, but we don't always get the luxury of a developer who responds so quickly. :)

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » August 18th, 2012, 2:27 pm

PseudoKnight wrote:Thanks for the fast turnaround. I expect bugs in software, but we don't always get the luxury of a developer who responds so quickly. :)

Sadly work has kept me pretty busy the past weeks (A warehouse that sells organic foods, including juice, summer is a very busy season for us >.>), so I haven't had a chance to look into a couple bugs that I hope to get fixed this weekend.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » August 18th, 2012, 2:47 pm

New build is pushed with a fix in place. Also made it easier to debug permission issues by using Stargates permission commands :)

[Version 0.0.2]
- Fix an issue with dialing on a specific network
- Change permission checks to use Stargate, this allows proper permission debugging

PseudoKnight

Re: [MISC] StargateCommand v0.0.2

Postby PseudoKnight » August 19th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Ya, stargate.command.dial.direct doesn't work for 'op', but the permission node is fine. This is only a problem for small servers that want to use op instead of permission groups and running op bypasses in select situations. (like I was intending, but I guess it doesn't hurt much to give everyone that perm)

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: [MISC] StargateCommand v0.0.2

Postby Drakia » September 16th, 2012, 4:40 pm

[Version 0.0.3]
- Added /sgc owner <player> command

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: [MISC] StargateCommand v0.0.3

Postby Drakia » March 10th, 2013, 1:25 pm

[Version 0.0.4]
- Fix for Bukkit's direction fix