Stargate, The DHD and 1.4.7

Stargate Support and Discussion
SilvoDev

Stargate, The DHD and 1.4.7

Postby SilvoDev » February 9th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Hello,

I am a long fan of the stargate plugin and seeing as it wasn't more on bukki.org or devBukkit I followed it here.

I'm using a small LAN server for 4 players and sometimes we add a downloaded world to ours to "invade it" or just to see what marvelous structures other player in the world made.
For this my long term plugins are Multiverse (to load and manage the new added worlds) and Stargate + Stargate-DHD (to travel with style to those worlds).

The problem with the stargate plugin is that the gate block isn't showing up when I open the gate - I fixed this temporaly by replacing the portal block ID in the nether.gate and my customgate01.gate files with the water ID.

The problem with Stargate-DHD is that right clicking on the DHD sign to circle through its available gates doesn't work anymore. I tested without applying a network and with it.

--- Using craftbukkit 1.4.7-R1.0 with Minecraft 1.4.7
--- Plugins
- iRide
- mcMMO ( tried to remove that because it uses right clicking to activate tool related abilities, didn't help)
- Multiverse-core-2.4
- neoPaintingSwitchv133
- Stargate
- Stargate-DHD
- TheThuum
- WallClock

As you can see my plugin setup is VERY basic. Anytime we return to play Mincraft its important to us to not get overhelmed by a mountain of configs and possibilities.

Thank you for any help.

SilvoDev

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Stargate, The DHD and 1.4.7

Postby Drakia » February 12th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Well, seems that the portal material disappearing was something I inadvertently broke when trying to lower resource usage. Without cancelling the BlockPhysicsEvent on portal material, it will just disappear. I've added the check back in, but with a faster check for portal material before doing a portal lookup. Hopefully this makes it not kill TPS for some users.

[Version 0.7.9.5]
- Fixed an issue with portal material not showing up (Oh, that code WAS useful)

SilvoDev

Postby SilvoDev » February 12th, 2013, 8:49 pm

You the squashed the invisible portal block bug. That's awsome Drakia!

Now only if right click gate circling on the DHD would work that would be golden.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 12th, 2013, 9:47 pm

I am unable to reproduce the Stargate-DHD bug. Could you post a debug log as described in the main Stargate post?

SilvoDev

Postby SilvoDev » February 13th, 2013, 12:20 am

Thats actually good news, kind of. I you cannot reproduce the bug then chances are higher that I did something wrong (or is wrong) on my part/side.
- Destroyed all gates ( 1 - Sol'Aduro, Main world... 2 - Sol'Aduro_Nether... 3 - Evox_DL1, a downloaded world named Ironhorde )
- Stopppingd server
- deleted all *.db files in plugins\Stargate\portals
- checked custom gate file customgate01.gate in plugins\Stargate\gates (Content http://pastebin.com/NhcLmuMz)
- updated stargate.jar
- setting debug and permdebug to true in config.yml residing in plugins\Stargate
- starting server

- Creating gate in Sol'Aduro
( Name: Sol'Aduro, Destination: The Nether, Network: worldgate ) .. success, gate disconnected as target gate doesn't exist yet

- Creating gate in Sol'Aduro_nether
( Name: The Nether, Destination: Sol'Aduro, Network: worldgate ) .. success, gate functions ( even portal block is now visiblem thx Drakia! ).

- Creating gate in Evox_DL1 (Ironhorde)
( Name: Ironhorde, Destination: Sol'Aduro, Network: worldgate ) .. success, gate functions one way. Traveling back not possible as gate Sol'Aduro lead to The Nether.

- Creating DHD for gate Sol'Aduro to allow travel to Ironhorde
( 1st line, ::DHD:: 2nd line, Sol'Aduro ) .. didn't work oO ... console
2013-02-13 07:50:33 [INFO] [Stargate::Gate::Matches] Block Type Mismatch: 0 != 49

Well I was able to create a DHD before. It just didn't switch its destination gates from The Nether to Ironhorde or vice versa when destroying the gate and setting a new default destination to the Ironhorde.

The Server.log :: http://pastebin.com/Wzyx1LRJ
the Config.yml :: http://pastebin.com/dVBu4Bqu

Edit1::
Ok. I forgot to set the 3th line on the DHD sign to name the network.
Did that and the DHD gate activation functions as before.. but still, right clicking the DHD sign doesn't do a thing and the console shows nothing either. No error, nothing.

Edit2::
Removed all mods but Stargate, Stargate-DHD and Multiverse-Core-2.4 ... still no use.
I DID see something in the server.log that catched my eye...

2013-02-13 08:46:55 [WARNING] [Multiverse-Core] Spawn location from world.dat file was unsafe. Adjusting...
2013-02-13 08:46:55 [WARNING] [Multiverse-Core] Original Location: X: 0 Y: 64 Z: 0 P: 0 Y: 0
2013-02-13 08:46:55 [SEVERE] [Multiverse-Core] New safe spawn NOT found!!!

And the Evox_DL1 (Ironhorde) gate IS in its spawn area. But then again when the default destination gate IS Ironhorde you can't switch to the Nether gate which isn't even near a spawn.

Edit3:
I made a Testgate right beside the Main gate (Sol'Aduro) with the DHD.
Sign lines:

1 Testgate
2 Sol'Aduro
3 worldgate

The Testgate leads to gate Sol'Aduro, no problems.
But the DHD for the gate Sol'Aduro doesn't find the gate Testgate even when its right beside it and shares its network.
( I'm aware that distance doesn't matter.
But facts are the gate Testgate ...
- shares the main gates Network
- shares the main gates World
- isn't in a spawn area
- travels to the main gate and vice versa when I destroy the main gate and rebuild it while giving its default destination to the Testgate
And...
- All plugins beside Stargate, Stargate DHD and Multiverse are not loaded (removed)

And still the DHD right clicking doesn't work..... I don't know what to do anymore.

Edit4::
I don't know if that matters.. but my worlds are located in a subdirectory named just plain "worlds". Using the bukkit.yml word-container option.

settings:
world-container: Worlds

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 13th, 2013, 7:54 am

Stargate-DHD won't override a hard-defined destination on a gate. You can only switch destination on a gate if it isn't a fixed gate (No destination defined on line 2 of the Stargates themselves).

Also it looks like your second gate creation resulted in:
2013-02-13 07:45:22 [INFO] [Stargate::createPortal] Name length error
Which is odd unless is was greater than 11 characters long.

SilvoDev

Postby SilvoDev » February 13th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Drakia wrote:Stargate-DHD won't override a hard-defined destination on a gate. You can only switch destination on a gate if it isn't a fixed gate (No destination defined on line 2 of the Stargates themselves).

Also it looks like your second gate creation resulted in:
2013-02-13 07:45:22 [INFO] [Stargate::createPortal] Name length error
Which is odd unless is was greater than 11 characters long.

The Name length error appeared as the player named Ironman logged into and attepted to create a gate but was told not to because the main gate destination was the Nether and not Ironhorde (2ndgate). He juust then created a blank sign on the gate in Ironhorde .. that resulted the Name lenght error.

No destination on the second line!? Oh, boy. So it was that easy.

Edit1::
The DHD works now. I assume you can choose only destinations which have the main gate with the DHD as destination too, .. as the gate "The Nether" isn't on the DHD list even if it shares the main gates network but is accesible now through a different gate and has his destination set to that.

Edit2::
Assumption was correct. The DHD acceses gates which share its gate network and have set their destination to it. Problem solved! Thank you Drakia!! I hope I didn't chip away too much of your time ^^

Return to Stargate