[TP] Stargate v0.7.9.10 - The Bukkit port. A portal plugin

Stargate Support and Discussion
PseudoKnight

Re: [TP] Stargate v0.7.9.10 - The Bukkit port. A portal plug

Postby PseudoKnight » July 19th, 2013, 3:00 am

Stargate doesn't handle villagers. Most likely you're using a portal material for your Stargate and it's just trying to teleport the villager to the closest portal in the nether.

A horse is a vehicle and Stargate should attempt to handle it. However, I believe the workaround for getting vehicle teleports to work between worlds is to remove the entity and create a new one. This should work fine with minecarts, since they're all the same. (he even includes special handling for storage minecarts) Horses are not the same, so there'd need to be special handling to basically recreate the same horse at the destination. I recommend turning off handleVehicles until either horses are filtered out or specially handled in Stargate.

BTW, post the whole error next time. :)

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » July 19th, 2013, 8:26 am

Yeah, I had been waiting for the horse API to be implemented, then was on vacation. I'll probably be fixing it this weekend.

dddeeefff

Postby dddeeefff » July 21st, 2013, 8:53 am

PseudoKnight: It just repeats that same line tens and tens of times - no other line contains any more or different information

Drakia: good news on the horse handling; thanks

dddeeefff

Postby dddeeefff » July 23rd, 2013, 11:28 am

Thinking about it, the error could be the result of something else - I am seeing similar errors to do with a buggy nether world, however there are worlds whose nether portals do not connect to the buggy nether world (and in fact should connect to nothing at all since there's no nether associated with that world)

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » August 5th, 2013, 6:55 pm

still getting the random playermove fail as was on previous page, getting this one now.

05.08 20:30:45 [Server] WARNING Entity is at 9261.892527217791,-10676.509999990463 (chunk 578,-668) but was stored in chunk -11,-39

this kind of error when trying to send horses thru stargates in minecarts, 9 times out of 10 it works. but that 1 time... i get these. and they add up.

is there a way to fix/prevent this issue? im worried it will cause lag etc. as we had 60 some-odd horses in limbo. that users had effed up the gate.

hope to see a fix for the horses. i cant imagine what kind of agony it takes to program all these changes/keeping up with development.

our whole server community appreciates and loves this plugin :) thank you for keeping it running!

PseudoKnight

Postby PseudoKnight » August 6th, 2013, 3:15 am

I waited on posting this since I'm using the no-physics build since I don't use portal blocks and don't yet need any of the other changes. However, since people keep truncating that PlayerMoveEvent error, here's the full stacktrace. Hopefully this is helpful. Everything works fine, but this pops up a couple times a day.

Code: Select all
2013-08-05 10:15:03 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerMoveEvent to Stargate v0.7.9.4
org.bukkit.event.EventException
   at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:427)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:227)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.Packet10Flying.handle(SourceFile:136)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:296)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.e(PlayerConnection.java:116)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:37)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:590)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.t(DedicatedServer.java:226)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:486)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:582)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.block.CraftSign.<init>(CraftSign.java:17)
   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.block.CraftBlock.getState(CraftBlock.java:243)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Portal.drawSign(Portal.java:697)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Portal.deactivate(Portal.java:648)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Portal.close(Portal.java:418)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Stargate$pListener.onPlayerMove(Stargate.java:898)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor56.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:425)
   ... 14 more

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » August 6th, 2013, 8:41 am

PseudoKnight wrote:I waited on posting this since I'm using the no-physics build since I don't use portal blocks and don't yet need any of the other changes. However, since people keep truncating that PlayerMoveEvent error, here's the full stacktrace. Hopefully this is helpful. Everything works fine, but this pops up a couple times a day.

Code: Select all
2013-08-05 10:15:03 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerMoveEvent to Stargate v0.7.9.4
org.bukkit.event.EventException
   at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:427)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:227)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.Packet10Flying.handle(SourceFile:136)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:296)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerConnection.e(PlayerConnection.java:116)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:37)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:590)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.t(DedicatedServer.java:226)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.s(MinecraftServer.java:486)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
   at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:582)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.block.CraftSign.<init>(CraftSign.java:17)
   at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.block.CraftBlock.getState(CraftBlock.java:243)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Portal.drawSign(Portal.java:697)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Portal.deactivate(Portal.java:648)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Portal.close(Portal.java:418)
   at net.TheDgtl.Stargate.Stargate$pListener.onPlayerMove(Stargate.java:898)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor56.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:425)
   ... 14 more

This is actually a bug in Bukkit: https://bukkit.atlassian.net/browse/BUKKIT-1033
The bug wasn't actually fixed, the CraftSign constructor assumes that an array is set without actually checking it:
https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/b ... va#L15-L18

This is something I used to fix on my own (I re-implemented CraftSign) but as Bukkit has decided to screw over devs with this "org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2" naming scheme, there is nothing I can do.

As for an update with horse support, work and life has kept me pretty busy, but I will get one out at some point.

wolski

Postby wolski » September 20th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Hello Drakia!
Could you make it support multi-worlds of MCPC+ server?
Now stargate can only be used in main world. I guess it caused by the way of worlds' files storage are little different from craftbukkit.
Server download link: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » September 23rd, 2013, 8:23 am

wolski wrote:Hello Drakia!
Could you make it support multi-worlds of MCPC+ server?
Now stargate can only be used in main world. I guess it caused by the way of worlds' files storage are little different from craftbukkit.
Server download link: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

At the current time there are no plans to add further functionality to the Stargate plugin. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Linrox

Postby Linrox » September 25th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Is there a version of Stargate (with a link) that currently supports MCPC 1.6.2 or craftbukkit 1.6.2??
The version listed in the first post says it is for v0.7.9.10 (1.4.6/1.4.7).

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » September 26th, 2013, 8:27 am

Linrox wrote:Is there a version of Stargate (with a link) that currently supports MCPC 1.6.2 or craftbukkit 1.6.2??
The version listed in the first post says it is for v0.7.9.10 (1.4.6/1.4.7).

I have not personally tested Stargate with 1.6.2, but as I only use the Bukkit API there should not be issues, aside from maybe with new entities (Horses, etc).

andrewkm

Postby andrewkm » October 10th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Drakia, if you do implement horse travel through portals, please include a config option allowing us to "block" horse travel through portals. The fact it currently doesn't work is great for us and our environment.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 10th, 2013, 2:12 pm

andrewkm wrote:Drakia, if you do implement horse travel through portals, please include a config option allowing us to "block" horse travel through portals. The fact it currently doesn't work is great for us and our environment.

Haha, it's not that I didn't implement it, it's totally just a feature ;)

When I get around to adding it though, I'll make sure it's configurable :)

Toni

Postby Toni » October 15th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Stargate seems to work flawlessly with 1.6.4 which is fantastic news. However I have a question that I can't seem to solve, and finding the answer on Google seems to be impossible. I also can't seem to find it in any of these forums either sadly. So apologies if this has already been answered, but I can't seem to find that answer.

Does Stargate support coordinate teleportation? I'd like to set the destination to either a warp or set pair of coordinates, but I can't seem to figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 20th, 2013, 10:31 am

Toni wrote:Stargate seems to work flawlessly with 1.6.4 which is fantastic news. However I have a question that I can't seem to solve, and finding the answer on Google seems to be impossible. I also can't seem to find it in any of these forums either sadly. So apologies if this has already been answered, but I can't seem to find that answer.

Does Stargate support coordinate teleportation? I'd like to set the destination to either a warp or set pair of coordinates, but I can't seem to figure out how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stargate doesn't support teleporting to a specified coordinate, it only links multiple gate destinations.

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » November 4th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Toni wrote:Stargate seems to work flawlessly with 1.6.4 which is fantastic news. However I have a question that I can't seem to solve, and finding the answer on Google seems to be impossible. I also can't seem to find it in any of these forums either sadly. So apologies if this has already been answered, but I can't seem to find that answer.

if you havnt already done this, just create two gates, on their own network. put the sign on the back-end of the portal frame to hide it. type destination name on line 2, and put AB on line 4 to make it always open and backwards (to hide the sign)

hope it helps

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » January 12th, 2014, 4:55 pm

plugin can not seem to connect to gates on a list in 1.7.2, however if a destination gate is defined on line 2 it works.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » January 14th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Malaeus wrote:plugin can not seem to connect to gates on a list in 1.7.2, however if a destination gate is defined on line 2 it works.

If I get a chance I will take a look at this, though as I posted in the announcement forum my plugins are low priority at the moment and further development isn't planned.

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » April 2nd, 2014, 12:32 pm

do any other plugins exist that can do what this one did?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 2nd, 2014, 2:05 pm

There most likely are, I however don't really like people posting links to competing plugins on my forums :)

PreviousNext

Return to Stargate