[TP] Stargate v0.7.9.10 - The Bukkit port. A portal plugin

Stargate Support and Discussion
victoroos

Re: [TP] Stargate v0.7.9.10 - The Bukkit port. A portal plug

Postby victoroos » April 1st, 2013, 9:12 am

or when I delete the .jar from stargate, it still shows the error..which shouldn't be possible right?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 1st, 2013, 9:40 am

Are you sure you're deleting the Stargate folder in the correct plugins folder, and not a backup copy?

netherfoam

Postby netherfoam » April 1st, 2013, 2:57 pm

Hi,

I'm having some lag that seems to be caused by Stargate, and I'm wondering if you can do something about it. Currently, stargate is very slow to start (~a minute to load) and I consistently get this stacktrace:

http://privatepaste.com/9e5828c7a8

Any help would be appreciated!

We have 10 *.gate files loaded, and 232kb of *.db files (Spread across 7 worlds) on a quad core 8GB RAM machine. Though the machines spec's here are definitely not the issue.

Running Spigot with NoLagg & BKCommonLib, Stargate v0.7.9.10

Cheers.

victoroos

Postby victoroos » April 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am

Drakia wrote:Are you sure you're deleting the Stargate folder in the correct plugins folder, and not a backup copy?

yes, I was sure. I got it though. You wre right about the stargate files, just I couldn't see it on notepad++.
A question. I do remember using the gates with minecart..but that doesn't work now anymore..is that correct?.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 2nd, 2013, 9:37 am

Gates still work with carts, atleast last I checked. If they are no longer working then it's a bukkit change that I'm not aware of

victoroos

Postby victoroos » April 9th, 2013, 11:58 am

hmm, I'm now experimenting with nodes for the first time, and I can't get it to work. I also completely lost the permission. How do I setup the groupmanager file correctly for it to work?.

victoroos

Postby victoroos » April 9th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Drakia wrote:Gates still work with carts, atleast last I checked. If they are no longer working then it's a bukkit change that I'm not aware of

they do work again, I didn't change anything. thanks for the reply though:)

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 13th, 2013, 11:17 pm

victoroos wrote:hmm, I'm now experimenting with nodes for the first time, and I can't get it to work. I also completely lost the permission. How do I setup the groupmanager file correctly for it to work?.

I don't use GroupManager, so I'm not sure how to set it up.

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » April 25th, 2013, 10:01 pm

ha, i just realized carts work. and now im looking for a way to disable the use of vehicles in stargates in particular worlds. without stopping regular player usage.

"Take into account world/network restrictions for Vehicles" - was found as a changelog entry, but i was unable to find any more info on how to do that.

i have a freebuild world where users get fly and free blocks/items. but the inventory is locked with multiverse inventories. but that means they can load up items into a chest cart for free and send it on back to survival world filled with diamond blocks.

any help is greatly appreciated. i love this plugin to bits and really want to allow my players to use the minecart feature in the linked survival worlds.

thank you.

JoeGray100

Postby JoeGray100 » April 26th, 2013, 12:04 pm

I put a ticket on the other website but also wanted to include here. Before posting this, I made sure to update to the latest Stargate plugin version as of today 4/26/13. For some reason, I can't seem to use Minecarts with Stargate & Bungee is the reason for my post.

I use Stargate with Bungeecord and it works great! However, today I wanted to create a train ride between a couple servers and quickly ran into issues. According to the documentation and config files, I believe this plugin should support what I'm trying to do. I simply built a stargate on two servers which works perfectly fine if you WALK through through the portals. However, if I try to ride through the portals with a minecart on tracks the stargates fail to transport me. If I put tracks on the opposite side of either stargate the minecart just rolls through the stargate like it's not even there and no transportation takes place. Perhaps I'm mistaken and the support for Minecarts is only across Stargates on the same server?

Best,
JAG100

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » April 26th, 2013, 12:05 pm

netherfoam wrote:Hi,

I'm having some lag that seems to be caused by Stargate, and I'm wondering if you can do something about it. Currently, stargate is very slow to start (~a minute to load) and I consistently get this stacktrace:

http://privatepaste.com/9e5828c7a8

Any help would be appreciated!

We have 10 *.gate files loaded, and 232kb of *.db files (Spread across 7 worlds) on a quad core 8GB RAM machine. Though the machines spec's here are definitely not the issue.

Running Spigot with NoLagg & BKCommonLib, Stargate v0.7.9.10

Cheers.

hey netherfoam. nolagg is your problem, get clearlag instead. nolagg was causing literally thirty-three thousand line errors on my console...repeatedly. it just does not play well with stargate and many other plugins like coreprotect, otherdrops etc.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 28th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Malaeus wrote:ha, i just realized carts work. and now im looking for a way to disable the use of vehicles in stargates in particular worlds. without stopping regular player usage.

"Take into account world/network restrictions for Vehicles" - was found as a changelog entry, but i was unable to find any more info on how to do that.

i have a freebuild world where users get fly and free blocks/items. but the inventory is locked with multiverse inventories. but that means they can load up items into a chest cart for free and send it on back to survival world filled with diamond blocks.

any help is greatly appreciated. i love this plugin to bits and really want to allow my players to use the minecart feature in the linked survival worlds.

thank you.

That change only meant taking player permissions into account, but not a restriction of cart usage per world. This is not a feature I plan on implementing.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 28th, 2013, 6:51 pm

JoeGray100 wrote:I put a ticket on the other website but also wanted to include here. Before posting this, I made sure to update to the latest Stargate plugin version as of today 4/26/13. For some reason, I can't seem to use Minecarts with Stargate & Bungee is the reason for my post.

I use Stargate with Bungeecord and it works great! However, today I wanted to create a train ride between a couple servers and quickly ran into issues. According to the documentation and config files, I believe this plugin should support what I'm trying to do. I simply built a stargate on two servers which works perfectly fine if you WALK through through the portals. However, if I try to ride through the portals with a minecart on tracks the stargates fail to transport me. If I put tracks on the opposite side of either stargate the minecart just rolls through the stargate like it's not even there and no transportation takes place. Perhaps I'm mistaken and the support for Minecarts is only across Stargates on the same server?

Best,
JAG100

Stargate does not support teleporting carts between servers via BungeeCord, and it is not a feature I plan on implementing.

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » April 28th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Drakia wrote:
Malaeus wrote:ha, i just realized carts work. and now im looking for a way to disable the use of vehicles in stargates in particular worlds. without stopping regular player usage.

thank you.

That change only meant taking player permissions into account, but not a restriction of cart usage per world. This is not a feature I plan on implementing.

ah ok, thank you for clarifying that, i misunderstood the changelog.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » April 28th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Malaeus wrote:
Drakia wrote:

thank you.

ah ok, thank you for clarifying that, i misunderstood the changelog.

No problem, I'm normally pretty rushed when writing the changelogs (I write them after I push the changes, normally) so it can be hard to understand sometimes :)

Malaeus

Postby Malaeus » May 4th, 2013, 1:36 am

has anyone tested the latest stargate build against 1.5.2 ?

rebel24

Postby rebel24 » May 6th, 2013, 6:50 am

It works but I believe the latest bungeecord has stopped stargates working at all, so use the first 1.5.2 build of bungeecord if you use it.

Drakia, think you could look in to this for us?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » May 6th, 2013, 3:06 pm

rebel24 wrote:It works but I believe the latest bungeecord has stopped stargates working at all, so use the first 1.5.2 build of bungeecord if you use it.

I will take a look at this when I have a chance.

rebel24

Postby rebel24 » May 8th, 2013, 9:03 am

Drakia wrote:
rebel24 wrote:It works but I believe the latest bungeecord has stopped stargates working at all, so use the first 1.5.2 build of bungeecord if you use it.

I will take a look at this when I have a chance.

Thanks mate :) Appreciate it

alexpic57

Postby alexpic57 » May 14th, 2013, 11:05 am

Hello.
Can you add a way to put more than 1 button to turn on the stargate ? And also for use Wooden Button ? I try to do it myself but I know java only a very little bit

PreviousNext

Return to Stargate