Admin WorldEdited out a stargate, how do I fix?

Stargate Support and Discussion
Tathar

Admin WorldEdited out a stargate, how do I fix?

Postby Tathar » February 7th, 2012, 10:45 am

Despite my repeated warnings to never WorldEdit out a stargate, one of my admins did just that recently. Now one of his town's networks has a destination to a stargate that no longer exists. It's too late to //undo since he logged off.

How do I fix my server's stargates so that the "ghost" stargate doesn't show up in the destination list anymore? Also, is there any way to remove stargate database info for stargates that no longer exist?

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Admin WorldEdited out a stargate, how do I fix?

Postby Drakia » February 7th, 2012, 11:28 am

If you run the command "sg reload" from the console it will re-verify all gates, which will remove the deleted gate from the network list. This command is not available ingame, it must be run from the console.

In regards to manually editing the Stargate database, it is possible to edit the files in Stargate/portals/ though is not recommended, as it can lead to Stargate failing. Once the files are modified use "sg reload" to re-read the database.

Tathar

Postby Tathar » February 7th, 2012, 1:21 pm

I can't access the console since I'm not running my server on a VPS. Is there any other way to do this?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 7th, 2012, 2:09 pm

You could restart the server, or reload the plugins, those are the only other way.

Return to Stargate