[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
TheDgtl • View topic - News Update: EvilSeph's latest Tanty

News Update: EvilSeph's latest Tanty

Discuss anything Bukkit related
MsInscrutable

Re: News Update: EvilSeph's latest Tanty

Postby MsInscrutable » October 30th, 2011, 5:53 pm

The moderators at Bukkit just don't seem to understand what they are doing is going to make folks less likely to use their site.
I have seen too many "circlejerk" forums vanish up their own exclusive arses before not to recognise the signs by now.
And the ruder they get, the more politely I respond, and the more often I point at their TOS...
They would do better to delete the whole forum if they want to hide the evidence of their errors in judgement!

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 30th, 2011, 6:29 pm

The mods keeps claiming I have been a menace, yet nobody has actually linked to a topic in which I made new users feel unwelcome. I mean, there's some posts in Bukkit+ where I wasn't the nicest, but those are plugin devs, people who had been around long enough to know that there's going to be negativity about certain aspects of the forum.

MsInscrutable

Postby MsInscrutable » October 30th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Sig access is no longer available to me.
Have sent "Please explain" PM to EvilSeph.
Waiting for him to get off his high horse and respond.
Not holding my breath about it though...

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 30th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » October 30th, 2011, 6:46 pm

MsInscrutable

Postby MsInscrutable » October 31st, 2011, 4:25 am

I have to say I agree with that quandry, Jeyge. I learned most of my forum manners from wandering around Minecraft Forum, and asking a few newbie questions when I was completely baffled by something posted there (mostly technoklutz queries).
Nice moderators there pointed out where to find where to find answers to the tech stuff, and actually explained why warning and bans were given to the folks who got them, usually in PM form, sometimes with a public post to the thread in question.
I'm not always happy with why they do things, but at least they explain when they do them.

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » October 31st, 2011, 6:47 am

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » October 31st, 2011, 2:38 pm

I was just reading thru one of Drakia's posts and found very interesting post. Thinking back to every post I've ever reported on other boards, Drakia is completely correct that they never delete them. They only moderate the portions that violate the TOU.

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » October 31st, 2011, 2:45 pm

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » October 31st, 2011, 3:37 pm

Agreed. The hyperbole in that post is blatant hypocrisy.
He might have a few valid points, but conflated and twisted in exactly the manner he accuses D. of.

No doubt Drakia's ... err, colourful language, didn't aid in Seph's comprehension of the thread.
But they do seem to have a policy of post deletion that is NOT discussed in the TOS.
Along with a whole host of other hidden agendae, including some kind of redefinition of kittens (OK, joking there :))

Post removal is THE most severe remedy an Admin has. They had better be damn sure of themselves.
In this case, it looks like they have the odd idea that they're stemming a mutiny or something...
Regulation Brass Ones, Guv'nor

MsInscrutable

Postby MsInscrutable » October 31st, 2011, 5:35 pm

Interesting Development:
Got my sig access back according to message from lukegb this morning.
I'm happy to see some positive response from officialdom at Bukkit Forum...

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 31st, 2011, 6:13 pm

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » October 31st, 2011, 6:59 pm

I've been quite impressed with lukegb's responses so far and it was nice to see him actually respond to your tweets. If he really is 17, he sure doesn't act the way you would expect for someone that young.

MsInscrutable

Postby MsInscrutable » November 1st, 2011, 5:45 pm

Yeah, his sig is fun, I have to admit...
"I'm only following orders...except when I'm not."

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » November 1st, 2011, 6:57 pm

Darkone003

Postby Darkone003 » November 4th, 2011, 1:34 pm

I haven't played BF3 in a couple months why did I still have my stats down here? Maybe I need Skyrim stats!! :D

Mr. Man

Postby Mr. Man » November 26th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » November 26th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Mr. Man

Postby Mr. Man » November 26th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » November 26th, 2011, 4:11 pm

The following aphorism extends to Web Fora:
“Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it” -- Gene Spafford.

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion