[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
TheDgtl • View topic - Bukkit Dev

Bukkit Dev

Discuss anything Bukkit related
Inscrutable

Bukkit Dev

Postby Inscrutable » October 29th, 2011, 12:08 am

Regulation Brass Ones, Guv'nor

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Bukkit Dev

Postby Drakia » October 29th, 2011, 12:19 am

Haha, that's hilarious, no wonder all their moderators spend their time there. I agree 100% with your points against it, it's a terrible system and lukegb agreed with me a good 2 months ago, when he responded to one of my gripes with "If it's not up to par in a month, I'll look into going back to the old system." That went well...

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » October 29th, 2011, 1:34 am

Forums + Plugin Search + In topic search = Surprisingly good

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 29th, 2011, 12:20 pm

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » October 29th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Holy freaking hannibal. I had noticed that all Drakia's plugin stubs on B-Dev still existed.
I figured thay had neutered that account too. Looks like I was wrong...
(Is this their slybastard way of forcing you to use BukkitDev?) Good luck with that :P

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » October 29th, 2011, 8:52 pm

emericask8ur

Postby emericask8ur » October 30th, 2011, 2:18 pm

I needs a better Notification system

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » October 30th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » October 31st, 2011, 5:51 am

AN update on the status of my original gripe-list (The gripes of wrath?):
The Bukkit Forum guys almost had a working search page like pbo GetPlugins, care of lukegb.
http://plugins.bukkit.org/curseforge/#t ... &au=&pno=0
It worked for me for 5 minutes... no luck since. And it was abominably slow.
That might settle point ONE. (Heheh and all TheDgtl plugins were still listed...
but I didnt have approval to view the pages :P)
It may or may not settle (2) and (4) as well, if I ever see it again.

Seph hasn't posted anything (in public) since his vendetta on Drakia.
I doubt they can get BukkitDev up to spec in time for the release on the 18th.
But who knows? In this game, Pigs May Fly.

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » October 31st, 2011, 9:08 pm

May? Are we playing the same game here?

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » November 5th, 2011, 2:52 am

Nothing else to add, anyone?

It seems most of whats wrong with BukkitDev originates with a poorly-thought out setup.
Nothing any of us can do to improve notifications, that's all their problem to fix.
I don't see the same enforcement of Rec-Build and version numbers in titles as on pbo, either.
Approval is *still* happening at a glacial pace, and a lot of old stuff just sits around in releases on pbo forever.

If there's no more additions, and no brilliant fixes, I'll post this list at Bukkit Fora soon.

Darkone003

Postby Darkone003 » November 5th, 2011, 11:56 am

My only problem with BukkitDev is that it totally kills any sense of a community, it feels like little patches of grass instead of an entire field. I definitively prefer the "temporary forum solution" to BukkitDev but oh well.

That's why I'm kinda hoping Drakia at the bare minimum starts a little community here just for general / plugin discussion. :p
I haven't played BF3 in a couple months why did I still have my stats down here? Maybe I need Skyrim stats!! :D

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » November 5th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » November 5th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » November 9th, 2011, 5:49 am

OK, I posted the somewhat-diminished complaints list. Hopefully not too saccharine coated.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/bukkit ... iew.44903/

Lets see if that gets any bites. Or if they decide to edit my signature...

If theres any Devs here with their own set of axes to grind, a separate thread there would help.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » November 12th, 2011, 7:20 am

Darkone003

Postby Darkone003 » November 12th, 2011, 9:16 am

I'm not sure what makes them think people are going to use Curse for Skyrim mods over the Nexus sites, but whatever, if they really want to throw away money that much..

I'm also not sure why they're advertising that contest so much before the construction set is even available, I doubt anyone is going to do anything meaningful until it's out, with the exception of texture and model alterations.

With the way they delayed the Oblivion CS I somehow have my doubts it will be out early enough to do make anything worth while by the 15th.
I haven't played BF3 in a couple months why did I still have my stats down here? Maybe I need Skyrim stats!! :D

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » November 12th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Entered Skyrim Mods just have to meet their approval guidelines, that's all.

(OB-OnTopic):
Shades of BukkitDev: what's the equivalent of a TNT nerfer mod in Skyrim? :D
Or maybe they'll get 40 mods that give you a stupid hat...

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » December 9th, 2011, 12:14 am

Around and Around we go. The debate has started again...

It looks like the VoxelBox boys don't like the Curse TOS either, and wanted to host outside of Bukkit Dev.
Apparently Rigby (and others?) have decided "links to non-plugin files will not be approved"
... yet it has been pointed out that Evilsmurf is *part* of the VB support krew... ;)

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/introd ... ost-844450

Enjoy.

Next

Return to Discussion