People don't like EvilSeph?

Discuss anything Bukkit related
Drakia
Site Admin

People don't like EvilSeph?

Postby Drakia » December 17th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Was just reading a post on Reddit about the Bukkit team going to Mojang HQ (again). This little thread made my night: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... oy/c38xbez
Some choice excerpts:
"turned out to be a very weird guy who seems to worm his way into projects to feed his hunger for internet power."
"EvilSeph is a complete penis on the #bukkit IRC to pretty much everyone"
"I knew nothing about him before watching the Bukkit panel videos, and he came across as a douche when he started banging on about the Voxelbox during the panel."

Darkone003

Re: People don't like EvilSeph?

Postby Darkone003 » December 18th, 2011, 12:23 am

Ahh my favorite member of the Bukkit team, why he's so nice and understandable I don't understand how anyone could dislike him. *goes back to playing Skyward Sword*
I haven't played BF3 in a couple months why did I still have my stats down here? Maybe I need Skyrim stats!! :D

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » December 18th, 2011, 11:03 am

While there are plenty of reasons to dislike Bukkit and the admins/mods there, Azelphur and Cogito's stupidity isn't one of them. That IRC capture sure makes them look like morons and shows that the admins/mods did exactly what they should have. I do really like the argument that it should be okay to steal someones plugins as long as you are only changing 2 lines. 1 or 3 wouldn't be okay, but 2 is. I also like how they completely forget that the 2 lines changed were only needed if you ran dev versions of CB and not if you were using the recommended build.

Overall though, great find Drakia.

Mr. Man

Postby Mr. Man » December 18th, 2011, 12:25 pm

Drakia wrote:Was just reading a post on Reddit about the Bukkit team going to Mojang HQ (again). This little thread made my night: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... oy/c38xbez
Some choice excerpts:
"turned out to be a very weird guy who seems to worm his way into projects to feed his hunger for internet power."
"EvilSeph is a complete penis on the #bukkit IRC to pretty much everyone"
"I knew nothing about him before watching the Bukkit panel videos, and he came across as a douche when he started banging on about the Voxelbox during the panel."

Damn, all the drama's slowing down the RB development fo sho!

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » December 18th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Jeyge wrote:While there are plenty of reasons to dislike Bukkit and the admins/mods there, Azelphur and Cogito's stupidity isn't one of them. That IRC capture sure makes them look like morons and shows that the admins/mods did exactly what they should have. I do really like the argument that it should be okay to steal someones plugins as long as you are only changing 2 lines. 1 or 3 wouldn't be okay, but 2 is. I also like how they completely forget that the 2 lines changed were only needed if you ran dev versions of CB and not if you were using the recommended build.

Overall though, great find Drakia.

Oh yeah, the plugin they are talking about was Stargate, which isn't even GPL, so there's no right to fork it. However I find it quite funny that a lot of people know EvilSeph from other communities where he has done pretty much the same thing (Been a douche). Then again, I'm one to talk, I got banned from the OSRose project a few times even though I was the lead developer for pretty much the same reason ;)

MsInscrutable

Postby MsInscrutable » December 18th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Neural linguistics?
We call that fast talking bullshit where I come from!

cyberdude

Postby cyberdude » December 20th, 2011, 7:20 pm

This thread is epic! :)

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » December 21st, 2011, 1:55 pm

Mr. Man

Postby Mr. Man » December 21st, 2011, 5:46 pm

ZeroPoke wrote:Image

INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION

Inscrutable

Postby Inscrutable » December 22nd, 2011, 12:50 am

That be some funky-assed poeming. Spambots ain't got nothin' compared to you, MrMan. :P

"certain words were used that affect your psyche, that's the essence of NLP, trigger words"

... like INFRACTION?
Regulation Brass Ones, Guv'nor

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » December 23rd, 2011, 3:32 am

Mr. Man wrote:
ZeroPoke wrote:Image

INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION

You can say infraction till the mooshrooms come home.

PS Yes this post is just an excuse to say that.

Lyman59

Postby Lyman59 » December 30th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Well i got the new Craft Bukkit Jar serer 1.0.1-R1 and when i try to start the server it says unalbe to access it, but when i use the old one it work, but when i log in the server it sais outdated server. can you help me?

Darkone003

Postby Darkone003 » December 30th, 2011, 9:35 pm

This is kind of the wrong place but you need to change your .bat so this:

Code: Select all
craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar (or something similar to this)

Reads this:

Code: Select all
craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar
I haven't played BF3 in a couple months why did I still have my stats down here? Maybe I need Skyrim stats!! :D

Mr. Man

Postby Mr. Man » January 1st, 2012, 7:29 am

Maybe people will like him more in 2012

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » January 1st, 2012, 9:42 pm

Mr. Man wrote:Maybe people will like him more in 2012

Maybe we'll move to more better thing where he is not.

Return to Discussion