mcMMO

Discuss anything Bukkit related
Jeyge

mcMMO

Postby Jeyge » January 10th, 2012, 2:27 am

It was a bit of a shock to see that mcMMO was passed from one dev to another this past weekend. And even more of a shock to see who it was passed to. TheYeti is the whole reason I even started posting on the Bukkit forums. I really couldn't stand the fact that post after post would go without any answer in the old Permissions thread. I made it a point when I woke up in the morning to make sure that all posts there were answered even if the answer was wrong. I would also say that I quit posting there because TheYeti completely ignored all users of Permissions including my requests to continue development of it. And here I see in the new thread that people are already being ignored. Go figure. Perhaps this is the beginning of the death of one of the most popular Bukkit plugins out there.

Inscrutable

Re: mcMMO

Postby Inscrutable » January 10th, 2012, 6:44 am

Didn't Yeti handball Permissions to rjrccjr (or some gibberish like that) when it went to 3.0? Or was that just another nym?
I'm surprised and saddened at nossr50's 'retirement' from mcMMO too. I was using the plugin 5 minutes ago :D
(racing MsI for supremacy at excavation. I'm losing) But now it has a Dev team, and it's worked OK before Yeti's arrival.
Anyway, mcMMO has to be the most frequently updated Plugin for Bukkit. I think I recall a week with 12 updates.
Only bergerkiller is getting close with NoLagg :P

Maybe this will help convert Yeti to the cause of Spout. After all, mcMMO is Spout-friendly.
Regulation Brass Ones, Guv'nor

Jeyge

Re: mcMMO

Postby Jeyge » February 23rd, 2012, 4:20 pm

Yep, that would be the same Yeti who continued to take credit for Permissions but never actually did anything. And now, it looks like he has flaked on them again. His last code change for mcMMO was 14 days ago and if you follow the thread, poor nossr50 has had to come back just to answer questions and make sure the code is treated the way it deserves.

Return to Discussion