[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
TheDgtl • View topic - Offline mode

Offline mode

Discuss anything Bukkit related
Jeyge

Offline mode

Postby Jeyge » February 23rd, 2012, 9:28 pm

Drakia
Site Admin

Re: Offline mode

Postby Drakia » February 23rd, 2012, 9:33 pm

Personally I don't like offline mode, but do see its use (Login servers down? Offline mode. I actually run my dev server in offline mode because the damned login server kept going down when I was working on plugins).
What I don't understand is people who run live servers in offline mode. By doing so, really you are telling people that you support pirated copies of the game, because there's not really any other reason to run a dedicated server in offline mode (That I can think of, at least).
I'll admit, before I bought the game I pirated it, but I never dreamed of playing online, and I wouldn't expect any respectable server to run a server that pirated clients can play on.

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » February 24th, 2012, 1:07 am

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » February 24th, 2012, 1:11 am

I'm sure it doesn't matter but I just reread the thread and it was actually 55 loaves of bread and not 77. The comparison was between 17 loaves and 55. I personally would love it if I could buy 55 loaves of bread for 1 copy of Minecraft but I would never use it to compare the cost of Minecraft between countries.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 24th, 2012, 8:29 am

Oh god my brain >.>

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » February 26th, 2012, 4:37 pm

And now we are blaming Bukkit for the need for offline mode protection.

They should add protections by allowing Bukkit to connect to the login servers. How about you just set your server to online mode and then Bukkit/Minecraft will connect to the servers. Isn't the argument for using offline due to the fact that the login servers can go down? How would that help then?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 26th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Again, I don't like offline-mode servers, as I consider them to support piracy, but there are already three other plugins that do this that aren't removed. If EvilSeph is going to remove this one plugin because he mentioned cracked clients (Mentioned protecting AGAINST cracked clients) then he should remove ALL of them.

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » February 26th, 2012, 5:33 pm

If we get down to the bottom of the whole argument, when really was the last time the login servers went down? I know it was quite often a year ago. I know there was a time after I started running a server when it was down for a couple days. But does it ever go down now? If it doesn't, then the whole argument of it being there for support when the servers are down is bogus.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 26th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » February 26th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Damn, I didn't know it was still happening. Is it only a brief downtime or are they for long periods of time?

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » February 26th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » February 26th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Return to Discussion