[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
TheDgtl • View topic - Times change but everything stays the same

Times change but everything stays the same

Discuss anything Bukkit related
Jeyge

Times change but everything stays the same

Postby Jeyge » September 21st, 2016, 7:52 am

Jeyge

Re: Times change but everything stays the same

Postby Jeyge » September 21st, 2016, 8:18 am

I so very much want to also rant about the whole coding conventions crap they spew on the forums too but I'll save that for another day. Needless to say, it feels very much like reading stackidiots.com. You can find the answer there but you have to wade thru a lot of bs first. I will say that I found it really funny when someone was using the Hungarian coding conventions was told to follow standard coding conventions as if they just picked random names. I use Hungarian myself BTW but I know we could debate about that for years and never change anyone's minds. Conventions are to be decided by the company you work for and mine choose to go with Hungarian.

Drakia
Site Admin

Postby Drakia » March 23rd, 2017, 8:23 am

Damn, Jeyge, I didn't even realize anyone still posted on here, it's been months since I've actually checked on activity.

It's a real shame how Bukkit seemed to end up going, once they banned me (And my many alts ;)) I never really went back, so I never kept tabs on how the forums were going. It's too bad the Curse staff seem to have less interest in feedback than the Bukkit staff back in the day :(

Hope things are going well with you! :)

ZeroPoke

Postby ZeroPoke » March 23rd, 2017, 9:08 am

Whoa two people posted what is this black magic.

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » June 3rd, 2017, 9:14 pm

I've had to wait over a year for this day but it finally happened and I can't even get a response. :( https://bukkit.org/threads/import-metho ... st-3519281 I've been waiting so long on this whole standards thing when it comes to package names and was finally able to address the lack of <yourname>.me being a standard and not a peep about code being stolen if someone were to buy <yourname>.me. /me sad to steal a line from Big Bang Theory. :)

Jeyge

Postby Jeyge » June 17th, 2017, 9:05 pm

And the hits just keep on coming. The person who posted this very funny thread - https://bukkit.org/threads/decompiling- ... rs.454345/ has just stolen his second plugin that I'm aware of. Quite ironic as I see it. He even makes excuses that the latest stolen plugin is open source. Yeah, the previous person who stole the code posted a new license which says it is now open source. So I guess if my friend robs a bank and then hands me all the money, everything is all peachy now and no one goes to jail. :)

Return to Discussion